Monday, April 7, 2008

BAGUIO MUSIC SCENE

Coming from a three day vacation, I spent the long weekend in Baguio with my family. Just right to get away from the exhausting environment of the ciudad, not to mention the summer heat that's been going on.

We usually frequent "the summer capital" but I've never experienced music there. I mean, I've been to the folk houses where they cover Simon&Garfunkel to Neil Young. Impressive but part of me wants to get the real thing. I wanna go to some place where musicians do there thing and not just do creative cover songs. I know there is in Baguio because they produced Session Road, who has caught our ears since 1999. Having recorded three albums is no easy feat in this kind of industry. Then in 2006, Redhorse Muziklaban awarded the boys of Hard Boiled Eggz as the champions for that year. Representing Bagiuo with their alternative/metal/screamo sound they bested among 5 other bands from all over the nation in the final round for that title. Also in that year we got acquainted to the sound of The SpaceFlower Show, offering us a different taste with ska music.

These three are definitely not the only ones creating havoc with their music Up North, which is why if you have any info about bars in Baguio where they serve appetizing new music. Please let me know and don't be a selfish fan. hahahahaha! no seriously, please let me know.

here's something from The Spaceflower Show


BONUS DOWNLOAD:
The Spaceflower Show - Boogie Man <listen|download>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we do have events that feature the kind of music you are aiming for... happens frequently almost every weekends at ayuyang bar, overtones, vocas... and posters and flyers scatter in session road advertising such gigs...
here's my number incase you come back here with your fam (althou it's really not a family thing to do)... 09179345354... contact me, perhaps we could show you around...